We're here! Our long-awaited north-of-the-border vacation has finally materialized, and we are in Banff. It was a pretty optimal day of travel on Friday, with really nice people on the United staff, a really comfortable flight from SFO to Calgary (I really like the CLJ-700), a smooth trip through customs and baggage claim, and an early enough arrival to get on an earlier Banff Airporter shuttle (motor coach?).
Here's what I thought from the plane might be Mt. Shasta.
I would have consulted with my local Mt. Shasta expert, but he was asleep.
Forgot to take a photo of the battery of Canadian flags in customs,
so I had to settle for this roadside maple leaf.
The drive from Calgary to Banff took about an hour and a half, but with so much to see, it was a pretty easy trip. Hello, Canadian Rockies! Hello Banff!
We finally got to the Fairmont Banff Springs around 5pm local time. The hotel is gorgeous, and all the staff were super nice. And how's this for a nice surprise—they put us on the club level: a lovely room in one of the 5th floor turrets with near-panoramic views of the surrounding mountains, plus lots of fancy amenities and services to busy ourselves with. We partook of the evening hors d'oeuvre reception in the Gold Club lounge, and after Cliff left for the Conference Center Centre, I was able to putter around in the hotel room and knit all I wanted. And to finally relax!
No comments:
Post a Comment