Friday, February 23, 2007

Born Yesterday

Well, I suppose it's altogether fitting that I managed to set up this blog yesterday but didn't manage to post until today. My intention was to commemorate my 35th birthday with starting this blog so that I could begin to document (and thus keep track of?) my life's thoughts, reflections, philosophies, events...but it's okay if it's a day late, right? Nevermind that my Year 35 blip of wisdom is that I need to start measuring my life more carefully so that I make sure that I can do all the things that I want to do and not keep putting them off until "later". Off to a great start here. Oh well, better late than never.

My birthday was very nice--got up late, dropped CGT off at work and I went to the gym. I'm allowed to go to the gym instead of work on my birthday, right? So maybe yesterday wasn't the most productive work day as a result: I got to work around 11am, we all went to lunch at 12:15pm (Great Wall Mongolian BBQ and Leatherby's for dessert) and didn't get back til about 3:30pm. Then I spent the rest of the day goofing around on Blogger and filling out my knitting group's Secret Pal exchange questionnaire. I think I must have done some sort of work-like activity at some point, but I think it was pretty minimal. I took off from work around 5:30pm (late) for my knitting class at My Secret Stash, had a productive little knit-in working on the blocks for S's surprise. Next week I'll return to my sock endeavor...socks were the original reason for the class, but I have been taking a break due to various glitches and my fairly petulant response to these sorts of glitches.

After class, I rushed over to Tupelo to turn in my questionnaire, but no one knitty was there. Oh well, next week I guess. With dinner reservations at 8:15pm, I had to scurry over to work to pick up CGT, but for once, I was relatively early. We made it over to Mason's in plenty of time, AND found a primo parking spot on the street. Despite the general Sacramento-trying-to-be-Manhattan ambience of The Park, dinner was amazing. I would say that it was the best service I've ever had in Sacramento, with knowledgeable waitstaff that was both inobtrusive yet genuinely friendly. The food was excellent too, although my favorite part of my meal was actually the roasted beet, avocado, and citrus salad. Yum! Of course, I ate too much and CGT had to drive us home. I promptly fell into a food coma on the couch and didn't wake up until 2am.

No photos for the blog yet, I'm afraid. My requested birthday present does not seem to have made an appearance at any time during my birthday. I'm kind of sad, because this girl does love having presents to unwrap ON her birthday (who doesn't?). But with all that CGT does for me (and forgives me for) in everyday life, I really shouldn't be a brat about it, even if it's my natural tendency. He probably wanted to discuss so that we could make sure to get what I really want anyway. Very nice of him and practical too. Something to unwrap would have killed him though? A pack of these would have made a girl pretty happy...

No comments: